Friday, 13 January 2017

Day 12/365: Migraine Day 2

So, this post is late, apologies. I had another migraine yesterday and it was difficult to do anything. Just been having a hard time lately. It could be stress, or the winter or something else, I'm not sure. I found that peppermint tea was helping yesterday, so I think I'll try and incorporate that into my daily life to avoid future migraines.

I made a delicious vegetable soup yesterday, I'll post the recipe at the bottom, however, it is very simple! My hunger gave me energy and clarity to get up out of bed and make the soup for my lunch/dinner for the kids and hubby. I wish I had had chicken to put in it, it would have made it that much more delicious! I sent a picture to my Mom and she said "Grandma soup!" My Grandma always had a fresh pot of vegetable soup (usually with chicken in it) on the stove whenever we went to visit, as well as fresh salad. She always made hot dogs and fries for my brother as he was not a fan of soup and salad as a kid!

My head feels a lot better today, though, I feel like I could take on the world!

Anyway, here's my soup recipe! Rest easy, Whole30ers!

C xo

========================================================================

Vegetable Soup

1 lbs beef bones (or use a vegetable broth)
2 carrots, chopped
2 small onions, chopped
4 potatoes, cubed
1 cup broccoli florets
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes, juice and all (read your labels!)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp dried basil
Salt and pepper to taste
Water

Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add in beef bones and boil at least 1 hour. Remove bones and add all remaining ingredients. Feel free to substitute any vegetables you might have in the fridge. This soup is not picky! Let simmer at least 30-45 minutes. Serve warm. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment