Sunday, 1 January 2017

Day 1/365: Whole365 and Goals for 2017

Happy New Year! I trust everyone had an amazing holiday and are raring to go with their 2017 goals? I know I am!

It is currently the end of the day on Day 1 of my Whole365! Felt the same as any other day since I've been eating this way for some time now. However, now I'm one day into my goal, and that feels good! Only 364 days to go. But who's counting?

The family and I ate well today, and I actually didn't need snacks either, which is one of my long-term goals. Eliminate snacking entirely and only eat at meal times. Working on it!

I had an empty notebook that I've been meaning to use, so this morning I pulled it out and started using it as a little journal to track my daily progress. I set it up with categories: breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, beverages, activity, mood and reflection (I wanted to add this reflection section where I can write a few things about how I felt the day went and where I can express gratitude for the good things that helped me through the day). I feel like this tool will aid me on my journey in the sense that I'll have it as a souvenir when I'm done, everything just right there in the pages, even down to how I was feeling and what brought me joy. I've been trying to  be more active in journaling, so I'm hoping that this will help me with that goal as well! So many goals! 2017 is going to be quite the year, me thinks.

Now that I've got my food goals, and my personal growth goal, I also wanted to add a fitness goal. This is something that I tried doing a few years ago, but unfortunately a knee injury prevented me from accomplishing it. I don't care if I only do this once in my life, I want to run a half-marathon! I downloaded a free app that will help me with my training, and it says that I'll be able to run a half-marathon in just 12 weeks! So we'll see! I really need to get my hands on a treadmill, these Canadian winters will not do! The race that I'm hoping to run will be at the end of April. I WILL achieve it this time! I will! It will feel amazing to keep all of these promises to myself this year. Prove it to yourself! You got this!

Stay tuned, and don't forget to follow or subscribe to my blog for my daily updates about my year with Whole30 journey!

C xo

No comments:

Post a Comment