Wednesday, 21 December 2016

Rounding up Whole30ers!

Good morning! The more I talk about the Whole30, the more people seem interested in it. And why wouldn't they be!? Even a stranger at the bus stop heard me talking to an acquaintance about my new lifestyle, and she turned around and asked me more questions about it! So cool! I've had a few people tell me they'll be joining me for at least the month of January for the W30! I'm so proud and happy for these people, because they will seriously have their lives changed forever. This isn't just a crash diet, it's a whole new lifestyle of eating only the most nourishing and best foods. I know what you're thinking, "But Chelsea, pizza is the best food!" It really isn't, and you know it.

While losing weight is PART of it, it's not the POINT of it. I know in yesterday's post I spoke about my weight loss journey, but that was merely to illustrate how I got started on this new, lifelong journey. The point of the W30 is to clean out your system and heal you from the inside out. Taking out all the bad stuff, and kind of doing an experiment on yourself to find out what works and what doesn't. The point is for you to feel your very best by eating as much of these nutritious meals as you need to, and really listening to your body when it tells you it has had enough. Chew slowly and deliberately, make sure the pieces are small enough so your organs don't have to work as hard to break down the food, you'll see how much of a difference this makes. I was never able to stop myself when I got full before, but now, even if I only have a bite or two left, I'll push the dish away because I've hit my maximum food intake. This is a huge personal victory for me.

I've just learned so much over the last two months, I can't even express my gratitude to this program. I love that the creators actually explain why each food is being removed and how it unknowingly affects us and our hormones, and how much our hormones have to do with EVERYTHING that goes on inside. Just incredible.

I know that giving up a lot of the foods that you currently love and are used to seems scary and hard. Some people have even told me that they can't do the Whole30 because they can't live without [insert off-plan food here], or that there's no way they can drink their coffee black. It's honestly not that hard. If you want things in your life to change, you have to make a change you've never made. That was my philosophy, and I took it and ran. Sure, I miss bagels and cream cheese (do I ever...) and hummus (still meaning to try this cauliflower hummus recipe) but I'm not dying. Actually, I'm better than ever. The positives outweigh my attraction to these pseudo-healthy foods. I have had some off-plan stuff, like red wine, cheese, pita, corn chips, but they don't make me feel good (except the wine, and I will miss that in 2017) . When I reintroduced them, I almost immediately felt their effects on my insides and quickly ruled them out, deciding to stick to my clean-eating ways. I, again, have to mention my husband, and his amazing support. He intentionally waits until I'm not home to eat his salty snacks like Bugles and chips and dip, because he doesn't want me to suffer while watching him enjoy these foods I used to love. I can't express how helpful this small gesture has been with helping me stay on track.

All this to say, if you've been reading or researching the Whole30 and are considering giving it a try, just go for it. Don't wait until "the right moment" take charge of your life now and see how good you can feel! You can do this! Believe in yourself and love yourself enough to at least try it. You won't regret it.

C xo

No comments:

Post a Comment