Thursday, 15 December 2016

Muscle Soreness and the Whole30

So I've noticed something different lately. I have been getting less muscle soreness when working out. I was worried that it was because I wasn't pushing myself hard enough, but I really don't think that's it! In the past I would do my workouts, and sometimes start feeling sore the same day, but lately, and especially this week, I've been finding that I'm not getting as sore (almost no soreness at all). I pulled out my Whole30 (W30) book to find out why!

Turns out that due to systematic inflammation from eating foods that don't agree with me, my body wasn't handling the activity well, causing soreness in my muscles and joints. Since I've cleaned my system out of all the foods that don't belong, I've been feeling a lot better post-workout.

Now, don't expect that these changes to your body will be immediate. The first week into my W30 I felt like garbage, and they warn you about that too, first week = killer. I was sore and groggy and cranky. It wasn't until a couple of weeks later that I started to notice a difference in the way my body reacted to exercise and how different I felt afterward. This feeling is just so freeing. I remember being completely immobilized by muscle pain before, getting up and sitting down was a real struggle! But not so much now, thanks to the W30! I really don't know where I would be without it.

C xo

No comments:

Post a Comment